Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing Databases From Off-Campus
Nearly all of our research databases can be used wherever you have internet access.
You may be asked to confirm your status as a Bluffton user by providing your last name (first and last name will NOT work) and the barcode number from your Bluffton ID card (all 14 digits, beginning with 21195). Ask us if you need help locating this information.
Test your barcode here
Help for Off-Campus users guide
Need more help?
Unsure about what you're reading here? Visit our Need Help - Ask Us page and connect with one of our librarians who can help you understand.
Sending OhioLINK Requests to a non-Bluffton Location
Depending on where you are taking classes, you may wish to have your OhioLINK requests sent to the library at another institution, for example, Edison Community College in Piqua, or Northwest State Community College in Archbold. To do this, you can use OhioLINK's "Pickup Anywhere" service. Follow these procedures:
- Use the OhioLINK Library Catalog to locate books or other library materials that you would like to receive.
- Click on the REQUEST button.
- The next screen will ask for the name of your institution. Select Bluffton University.
- On the next screen, enter or select the following information:
- Name: Enter your name as it appears on your Bluffton ID card.
- Barcode: Enter the number on the back of your Bluffton ID card. It should start with 21195 and have 9 more digits.
- Pickup Institution: You will see Bluffton University here. You may change this to your preferred pickup location, e.g. Edison CC, Northwest St CC, etc., to have your requests delivered to the library that is the most convenient for you.
- Pickup Location: This will vary by institution. In some cases, there is only one option. For example, when you choose Edison CC from the Pickup Institution menu, the only option in the Pickup Location box will be "Edison Library". This is correct.
- Click on SUBMIT.
- You should receive a confirmation screen that your request was successful. If you don't get that confirmation, ask us for assistance.
You can use the Check Your Account link on Musselman Library’s homepage to check the status of your requests. It may say OHIOLINK RCVD" or "READY FOR PICKUP" when an item is ready for you to pick up.